Nov 25, 2022

Vintage Snowy Winter Tag

 Hello friends. I am here to share a fun snowy winter scene.


I used stencils from the most recent Stampers Anonymous Release as well as Darling Deer and Paper Village Die from Sizzix.

I started by creating the tag using Kraft Chipboard and then cut a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavyweight. 

I ink smooshed that piece in my favorite color combo: Shabby Shutters, Old Paper and Bundled Sage. It makes a great background for the PineCone Stencil.


I did a mono print by spraying the stencil with Bundled Sage, wiping off the borders and printing the stencil on the Mixed Media Heavyweight. Be sure to use a paper towel to soak up the excess ink.

Once that dried, I used blending brushes to add color to the pinecones and the needles. Colors used were Walnut Stain and Rustic Wilderness.

I used Wonder from the Tim Holtz Elements Stencil and ink blended with Walnut Stain. I quickly added a layer of Clear Embossing Powder to make it pop!


I die cut the houses from Kraft Chipboard and coated with Rustic Wilderness and Vintage Photo Embossing Glaze. I did run the coordinating ink pads on first to lay down some color. I cut the roofs from black cardstock. Notice I did not use the entire house, but trimmed them to be about 1/4 inch deep. The deer is from the Sizzix Darling Deer Die set. The tiny bottlebrush tree is colored with Rustic Wilderness Spray Stain.


I made the shelf from Chipboard by scoring the 4.5 inch wide strip at 1/4, 1/2, 5/8 and 1/4 inches to form the triangular shelf.

After attaching and sewing the pinecone piece to another Chipboard piece, I used my hot glue gun to attach the shelf, houses and tree. I did add a couple of small greenery pieces behind the houses.

Gritpaste Snowfall on the shelf and the rooftops was the perfect addition.


I topped the piece off with a piece of Rayon Seam binding dyed with Rustic Wilderness Ink, tied with twine and a twinkle bell.

I hope you have enjoyed my newest tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts