Jul 13, 2022

Etcetera Tag in Motion

 Hello Funkie Friends!

 I'm posting another in my never-ending series of Etcetera Tag for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Just kidding. I'm having too much fun to stop now! We have a fun challenge called Moving Parts. We'd love to have you join in the fun over on the Funkie Junkie Blog. You may win a prize.


Check out the movement on this short intro video.

I do have a detailed video:

Here is the link in case it is not appearing: https://youtu.be/5Q9vqgXzIGg

First Die Cut all the flowers and butterflies using the Brushstroke Butterfly and Modern Floristry Dies. Like many of other creators, I keep a box of previously ink smooshed cardstock and watercolor paper in my studio. I pulled a few pieces that used Saltwater Taffy, Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber and Dried Marigold Distress Inks. The remainder of the cardstock is from my stash.
I have been using my Sizzix Sidekick for smaller dies as I can attach it right to my glass mat and cut away. It is so convenient!

Check out all the great color, texture and variety I was able to create using different colors of cardstocks. Next step is to create the watering can. I used a long retire Bigz Die Watering Can to create the vessel for the flowers. It started with a silver piece of Metallic Confections Cardstock. Once the can was cut out, I grabbed a blending tool with a steel wool pad on top. Using circular motions, I removed the shine and made the can age as I worked. I cut the wrap from a piece of blue cardstock and edged with Vintage Photo distress ink.


Last part if the Etcetera Tag. I selected an older Worn Wallpaper piece for the backdrop. While this specific one is not in stock, there is another set that could be used called Worn Wallpaper Scraps.

Trace and trim the wallpaper to fit the front of the tag and attach using Collage Medium. Note I did sew lines around the perimeter prior to attaching.  Apply Sterling Foundry Wax around the edges and heat set to reveal the shine.

When I die cut images, I tend to over cut and often have an abundance of cut images to save for another project. This was no exception!

I placed the can where I wanted it to go and started arranging the flowers on the tag front. Once I had a good arrangement, I grabbed a piece of good old Press N Seal and used it to keep the flowers and leaves in place when I turned them over to glue together.

Once I had a good base, I added Collage Medium on the bottom flowers and flipped them back over on the tag.

I die cut extra butterflies and cut a piece of plastic packaging in 1/4 inch strips. Using Collage Medium, I sandwiched the packing strips between the butterfly and the extra backing butterfly.

I piece of foam tape placed vertically in the middle of the can allows you to give the can more dimension. I attached the packing strips to the foam tape using more collage medium when needed and attached the can just below the flowers.

Digging through my stash, I found an Ideology Tag. While the larger tags are not in stock, there are smaller tags that could be used. I rubbed a cream acrylic paint on top to highlight the word and added a piece of green and white twine before attaching to the tag.


Products used today:

Be sure to check out the great selection available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites InstagramFacebookBlogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!


2 comments:

  1. I love the vibrant colors in the flowers and the beautiful sheen on the watering can! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts