Jun 28, 2022

Use Multiple Stencils for Greater Impact

 Hello my friends. I hope you all are well. I am posting today for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. The new challenge is to use Your stencils creatively. Check the deets on their blog. You could be our next guest designer.


I went for bright colors and a few different stencils to create this great etcetera tag.

I have a YouTube video here if you'd prefer to watch it. Link: https://youtu.be/XiYWGhNfDaE


I started by trimming a piece of White Distress Heavy Weight Cardstock to the size and shape of a Small Etcetera Tag.


Here is the background with the stencil layers.  I started by ink smooshing (my favorite technique). I used Speckled Egg, Antique Linen, Old Paper and Bundled Sage Distressed Inks to add the first layer on the tag. After applying the ink to my craft mat, I spritzed with water and began dipping the Heavyweight Cardstock into the ink layers. I heat dried the layers in between each dip. I love distress ink. If you want more movement, you just simply spritz with water and move the Cardstock around.

The first stencil I used is THS019. I ink blended over the top of the ink smooshing in the upper left and lower right corners with Bundled Sage Distress Inks. Be sure the smooshed layer is dry before proceeding. Next up is THS147 (Arches stencil). I used Speckled Egg and ink blended in the upper right and lower left area of the tag.


Next up is the floral stencil THS143. I created a mask by tearing a piece of copy paper so the left side of the tag is mostly exposed. I used Texture Paste Crackle and applied it to the left side with a spatula.

Wilted Violet, Wild Honey, Kitch Flamingo and Picked Raspberry Embossing Glazes were applied in appropriate areas over the crackle paste. After heat drying, it is ready to go!

I did use my craft sewing machine to add lines of stitching around the perimeter of the tag. Collage Medium was used to apply the background to the Etcetera Tag.

The next step was to attach the cardstock tag to the Etcetera Tag with Collage Medium. After attaching the Cardstock, I coated the entire front with Collage Medium and used my Glitter Duster with Rock Candy Glitter over the entire front to add sparkle.


I created a few butterflies using the new Sizzix Brushstroke Butterfly Die. I used a heavy vellum for the body and the Metallic Confections Cardstock for the wing details. The body is cut from Black Cardstock.


I attached the butterflies randomly to the tag by gluing only their bodies with Collage Medium.

I used Picked Raspberrry Embossing Glaze to color the Quote chip attached to the lower section.


Last step is to add the seam binding bow to the top. I used Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Salvaged Patina to color the bow. In the end, I used more Salvaged Patina to get the blue hue.


Products used:

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites InstagramFacebookBlogger and You Tube.  Leave me a comment below! Be well. Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts