Dec 1, 2021

Light the Holidays with this Fun Decor Piece!

 Hello my friends. I am getting ready for the holidays with Yuletide Delights. Today I am sharing this very festive decor piece for The Funkie Junkie Boutique featuring the Sizzix Candlelight Colorize. If you follow me, you may have noticed I did an entire series with Etcetera Tags. I got in a little different mood when it came to the holiday makes.


Check out all that yummy layering using a selection of Tim Holtz Sizzix Dies.
It all started with a burlap panel from Ideology. I painted on shimmer eggshell Acrylic paint to provide texture.


You can see the heavier layer in the center of the panel. The next layer is an Ideology Baseboard Frame. I trimmed the bottom so there would be a 3/4 inch frame on the top and bottom.

I applied a holiday Collage Paper similar to the 2021 Holiday Collage Paper to the frame using Ranger Collage Medium. I ink blended my favorite grungy color Vintage Photo to all the edges. Before it was dry, I used my Glitter Duster with Rock Candy Glitter to cover the frame.


Onto the next layer with all the greenery. I keep small tubs in my studio with elements precut from different papers. I used the white branches cut using Holiday Greens from Sizzix. The holly and the berries are cut using the Sizzix Bigz Die Holly Berries.

The capstone of the project is the new Lantern Colorize Die from Sizzix.


I used a variety of gray and metallic cardstocks to create the lantern. The flame is cut from a leftover piece spritzed with Flickering Candle and Jack-O-Lantern Distress Mica Stain.

As I was assembling the greenery and the scene, I used collage medium and my palette knife to add blobs of glue covered with Mica Flakes for chunky snow.

The video showing the assemble of this piece is here:



Be sure to check out all the wonderful goodies on The Funkie Junkie Boutique and consider entering one of our challenges on The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!




3 comments:

  1. The season is certainly lite with wonder by your magnificent canvas, I especially love how the oval frames that colourize lantern. So festive in design and a magical and creative design.
    Thank you for sharing this inspirational make.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and Elegant! Who knew burlap could be elegant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful canvas! I love the texture of the burlap. It really helps highlight the beautiful lantern.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts