May 19, 2021

Funkie Junkie May Challenge - Anything Goes

 

Hello Crafty Friends! I am thrilled to be a new Design Team member for Funkie Junkie Boutique. The May challenge is Anything Goes. I just picked up Salvage Patina Distress Inks and have been anxious to give it a whirl! 


I started with White Heavyweight Distress Cardstock which handles water very well. Ink smooshing is one of my favorite techniques, so of course it started there! Salvaged Patina mixed with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink makes a great pairing.


After smooshing, drying and smooshing again, I decided the base needed more interest so I pulled out the Stampers Anonymous Architecture Stamp set and white heat embossed the cathedral image over the background. I ink blended the edges with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.

The Sizzix Deckle Edge Trimmer has become one of my favorites. I used it to trim the edges down 1/8 inch on all sides.


Next project was to created the butterfly. I used the Sizzix Perspective Butterfly Die which is a large die. The entire butterfly will not fit on an A2 card which provides a great opportunity to use only a portion of it.  I die cut most of the right wing with the body and antennae on White Heavyweight Distress Cardstock.


Ink Blending added a perfect amount of color. The center is Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and the wings are blended with Salvage Patina.
  The darker edges are achieved by rubbing an embossing ink pad over the ends and adding Broken China Embossing Glaze. Isn’t it a gorgeous effect?


The last piece needed was sentiments.  I love the Stamper’s Anonymous Tiny Text Stamp. Now I have sentiments for any possible theme. I chose With brave wings she flies and Don’t forget to fly stamps. Stamped on white cardstock in black ink, they are perfect to cover with Broken China Glaze and heat set.  The Believe in Yourself strip is white heat embossed on black cardstock.  The strips have an additional 2 layers of cardstock to add dimension.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the great variety of grungy and vintage supplies available from Funkie Junkie Boutique!

I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!

 


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous butterfly! I adore the architectural stamps and how they look in the background. Lovely card. Welcome to the Team! I am looking forward to more of your lovely art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team Teri! It's so good to have you joining us. I adore the delicacy of your background and the way you've bravely taken the decision to trim the edges of the butterfly to fit perfectly on the card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree, Salvaged Patina works wonderfully paired with Rusty Hinge! What a fantastic grungy, yet classy background-perfect! I love how you used the glaze on the wings to heighten the color and a great way to use that mega butterfly! This is a card to case, for sure! Love it to bits! Congratulations on joining the team, and I'm looking forward to seeing your artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts