Apr 30, 2021

Layered Stamping with Die Cuts from Altenew

 Hello friends! Today I am adding deets for the post I have on the Altenew Family IG Hop. My post is @terismailbox. There are prizes!





The challenge was to design a card inspired by one of the classes you took to become an educator. I chose All About Layering 2 and Easy Die Cutting Techniques. I also challenged myself to go back and use a stamp I hadn't used recently.


The Build A Flower Morning Glory Die called my name for this one! I stamped multiple flowers and leaves and die cut them along with the Mandala Die.


The first card began with half of the mandala glued to the left portion of an A2 card base. The flowers and leaves were then arranged flowing down the left side.


I cut the sentiment with the Hello and Hugs set which has become one of my favorites! The line sentiment is popped up with foam tape.

After I completed this card, I decided to take it to the next level by making a card on clear acetate.


The design is similar to the first card with the exception of the acetate card base, that I think adds a new level of Wow. 


You can see in this view how the mandala and flowers appear to be floating!  Once the flowers and mandala were attached, I added a piece of white cardstock on the inside for messages. The So Grateful Sentiment is from Altenew's Essential Sentiment Die which has quickly become one of my favorites!


 This card is part of a IG Hop from AECP Family (a group of us who have completed the Altenew Educator's Certification).  I really enjoyed the program and recommend that you check it out here.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative! 

Be sure to check out all the stops on the IG Hop. My IG handle is @TerisMailbox. There are prizes! The giveaway will run until 9am EST 6th May. FOUR winners will be selected and each will win a $25 GC
Winners will be announced on or before 10th May.  The hop starts here on Instagram: @handmadebytasha13
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts