Aug 10, 2022

Layered Beachy Scene

 Greetings Friends! Having a summery blast today posting for The Funkie Junkie Boutique! Our current Challenge is Chillin' in the Heat using either warmer or cooler colors. I'm headed to the beach with Glady's!  We have a challenge over on the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog. Check the deets HERE. Would love to have you join in the fun!


The flock of flamingos appears quite happy in the sunshine!
I do have a short video documenting the process if you prefer to see that:

 
Here is the link in case the video isn't showing: https://youtu.be/_-wHrQ6gWYs

This time I used the Medium Etcetera Tag as I wanted the flock to have plenty of room! Distress Watercolor Paper was trimmed to fit the tag before inking began.


When working with the Colorize dies, I find it easier to create multiples and store the extras for the next project. I pre-assembled a set of Glady's dies ahead of this project. One tip for the Colorize dies with small eyes, I never bother with the pupils, choosing instead to grab a Micron pen and draw in the small dots.

The process began by using Speckled Egg and Salty Ocean on the large watercolor piece. I spritzed additional water and Ink Sprays heating in between until I was happy with the colors.


Next step - add dimension with multiple stencils! I used the Swirl Stencil THS 080 to add texture to the ocean. Uncharted Mariner Distress Ink was the perfect color to add the movement.

The sun and rays THS003 an oldie but goodie. Mustard Seed Distress Ink adds the bright sunshine the Flamingos are seeking! The Words Stencil THS043 with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink adds the travel related words in the background!

To add even more texture to the ocean, I white heat embossed the Bubbles Stamp CMS449 and added a Kraft Cardstock beach for the Flamingos to stand on.


Check out that brilliant sun!


The background was texturized on the edges using an older Holtz Tool to scrape along the edges. I also sewed along the top and bottom leaving plenty of threads hanging for the base.

Next step is to attach the base to the Etcetera Tag with Collage Medium. After it dried I added the Gladys.

The final step was to stamp the sentiment from the new Stampers Anonymous set Noteworthy CMC 446. I prefer not to remove the individual stamps on these sets so I can stamp the entire background at once and the sentiments are aligned properly.

The sentiment I chose was in the bottom row so it was very easy to stamp the one I wanted. I tore the cardstock around the sentiment and glued to the sandy beach.

The final step was to add a few bubbles from my embellishment stash!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Are you ready to go to the beach with me? I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!

Products used:





1 comment:

  1. so cool! I love those flamingoes and how you made the water's edge foam with the Bubbles stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts