Jul 27, 2020

Oh My Pugness with Hedgehog Hollow

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a tower of pugs stretching for a bowl of food using the July Hedgehog Hollow box! How fun.





I started by stamping a variety of pugs using Gina K Almagan ink.  A variety of Copic markers in browns and tans provided the coloring for the cuties!



The next thing I needed was a scene for them to play in. I chose a slimline card by cutting a piece of cardstock to 8 x 9 inches and folding lengthwise.  I created the wall on an additional piece of Neenah 80 lb. measuring 4 x 9 inches. I masked off the top first about 2 inches from the bottom and ink blended with Hickory Smoke and Pumice Stone Distress ink.  A MFT brick stencil provided the pattern for the bricks.


I created the window using a Tim Holtz Bigz die with woodgrained kraft paper.  Two window layers with the light blue cardstock between created the scene. The dog dish is highlighted with A Wink of Stella for shine.  

I love how the pups look like they could topple over at any time on their quest to reach the food!


The card was assembled from the bottom up with the top pug popped up for dimension.

I hope you enjoyed today's card. Be sure to check out the creative items at Hedgehog Hollow!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts