Jan 6, 2020

Sparkly Peacock Birthday Card

The  Challenge from Hero Arts is right up my alley this month.  The theme is sparkly!

I love brightly colored Peacock Feathers. Add a little sparkle and Voila!






I started out by adding VersaMark to the Hero Arts Peacock Feather Stencil and heat embossing it with Judikins White Diamond Embossing Powder.  I realized the stencil still had VersaMark ink on it, so I flipped it over onto a piece of watercolor paper and rubbed it off.  By adding the embossing powder to this print, I was able to color the actual feathers in bright Colorburst pigments.  Add a little water and let them move before dryng!  I love the bright colors.  

I trimmed the piece to 4.25 x 5.5 inches. I trimmed it with a My Favorite Things Stitched Edge die. This left room art the bottom so when I mounted it on a matching purple base, I could add a sentiment.

The Happy Hero Arts die was cut from a piece of Opulent Opal Glitter Cardstock from CutCardStock.

Check the challenge out HERE.

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to have you check out my other sites/channels. I am on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube 

Be well. Be creative!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Two of my favourite colours. Thank you for participating in Sparkle challenge at A Blog Named Hero. Mateja M

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts