Aug 17, 2019

Get ready for the Christmas Holiday - Santa Calendar Box

Greetings crafty friends!

So excited to share this Christmas Countdown Calendar I made for our grandsons! Trying to get ahead for Christmas!




I started with a pine box with drawers and a center area from Knollwood Lane. I stained the boxes and the base with Distress Paints - Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo.  The numbers were colored with acrylic paint and coated with Nuvo Glaze once dry.  I glued the numbers on the boxes and set them aside.




The first step was to use Collage Medium to attach the striped paper from The French Industrialist Paper Stash to the center space and sides.  A small piece of brown collage paper from the same pack provided the floor surface.  The tree is a Tim Holtz Woodland Tree element sprayed with Pine Needles Distress Stain.  The baubles are Tim Holtz Baubles colored with alcohol ink and glued in place.  The star is a die cut using gold cardstock.


I added the fireplace using Tim Holtz Sizzix Fireside Die.  Santa's sack is actually a cauldron I found on a Cricut Cartridge!  I layered it 3 times and used an embossing tool to shape the center.  A piece of hemp cord completes the sack.  The bicycle is a die cut from Spellbinder cut from Bristol Smooth paper and colored with Copics. A layer of Nuvo Glaze shines it right up!  I made the tree skirt from a piece of holiday paper cut with a circle die.


I attached Santa cut from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Santa die.  He is popped up with foam tape. The wreath is 3 layered wreaths cut with Tim Holtz's Sizzix Wreath die.  I inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink and fluffed them up, then added the red bow.


I created this wintery window scene using The Sizzix Bigz Windowbox Die from Tim Holtz.  I textured it with the 3D wood embossing folder and colored the grain with Walnut Stain Distress ink. I sealed a piece of acrylic plastic in between 2 layers.  The winter scene is a stamped tree on watercolor paper with red berries added with alcohol ink. Another layered wreath is attached to the top and completes the scene.


The toys and Lucky the dog were cut from Cricut files on Bristol Smooth paper, colored with Copics and coated with Nuvo Glaze.  The packages are a purchased embellishment.



Here are a few close-ups.


And the final box again. Thanks for stopping by!











1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!! Love the tiny toys and cat and dog combined with the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts