Jan 24, 2019

Hero Arts Challenge Entry for Crafters Choice

I so enjoy playing along with Hero Arts blog challenges at A Blog Named Hero. This month's challenge is Crafters Choice which opens up a great opportunity to be creative.


I have 2 cards to share today both made with Ken Oliver’s Color Burst and Hero Arts Stamps.


I created the background by sprinkling Color Burst on Bristol Smooth watercolor paper. I sprayed water on top and watched as the magic began...the colors began mixing and swirling.  I set the piece aside to dry. Once the background was completely dry, I used Judikins clear embossing powder to stamp the Hero Arts cityscape.  This darkened the image to make it more distinct. Meanwhile, I cut the Altenew thanks sentiment from Black cardstock. I trimmed it to 5.25 x 4 and mounted it on an A2 base.  The sentiment was glued as the final step.


This Hero Arts Mandela is one of my favorites! I white heat embossed it on Bristol Smooth Watercolor paper. I added Ken Oliver’s Color Burst in greens and blues, sprayed with water and let the mixing begin! I set aside to dry and die cut the sentiment from a Spellbinders,s Set. I stacked 2 sentiments for dimension and mounted on an A2 base.  I am entering these in both the Hero Arts monthly challenge as well as Simon Says Stamps weekly challenge.

Have a great day! Be well. Be creative.



3 comments:

  1. This is Karen Bull a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. Love this month's challenge - Crafter's Choice has been so fun! Thank you for playing along this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards look great! Love the color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards and I love the greens. Such a pretty and springy card! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts