Jan 1, 2024

Three Coloring Techniques A 2023 Favorite

 Greetings Friends. Today I am posting for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Our Challenge for TFJB Inspiration Blog is 2023 Favorite. I have many favorites from this year, but nothing compares to Stamper Anonymous's Floral Trims Stamp!  I am presenting the gold embossed stamps with three watercolor techniques.

So many options for coloring this set! I have a YouTube Video Here if you prefer to watch.


Stamp the images on Distress Watercolor Cardstock using Embossing Ink plus Rangers Gold Embossing Powder and Heat set.


Use your choice of Distress Watercolor Pencils to color the embossed images. I used Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade to color the images. There are a few different techniques for using the pencils, better described in the video above.


Add gold splatters using gold acrylic paint. The sentiment is from the Observations Stamp Set, heat embossed in gold on Vellum. Trim the velum to a strip and fold around the panel before attaching to an A2 card base.


I got a little bolder with card #2 and used Distress Re-inkers to color the blooms. I have a Distress Ink Palette with a variety of Distress Inks.


I used Ranger labels and glued to the inside of the top, coordinating with the opening for the inks on the left.

I sprayed water on my craft mat and used a brush to pick up small amounts of color to paint with. Re-inkers are very rich in pigment so a little goes a long way!


I wanted this to have a loose watercolor look, so I started by wetting the entire panel prior to coloring. I used a larger brush and add inks very loosely, adding more intense color to the centers.

I heat embossed a quote from the Noteworthy Stamp set using the same gold embossing powder. Using a stamp positioner allowed me to emboss twice for a bold look.

After the panel was dry, I glued it to an A2 card base.


The third card also uses my Re-inker Palette. I always start with yellow in the center when doing a rainbow card so I can judge the placement of colors. I used lots of water to achieve this look, followed by a few spritzes of water to help the inks wick a little.


The sentiment is from the Note Quote Stamp set, embossed in gold with the circle to set it off. I die cut the sentiment plus a circle from fun foam to pop it up. 

Trim the panel to 4 x 5.5 inches allowing for a 1/4 strip of gold glitter cardstock on the left side. Glue the panel plus the sentiment and fun foam to the card front.

The Quote Sentiment Stamp sets are two of my Go-To Sentiment sets!


What is your favorite 2023 product? Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and YouTube all named TerisMailbox. Be well. Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts