Dec 19, 2022

Holiday Etcetera Tag

 I'm still on my tag kick posting for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. One more holiday decor piece.


The new products from Stampers Anonymous really inspired me!

I have a video here if you prefer to watch the process:


Here is the link: https://youtu.be/EvY3-rwPPo0

Create the Wreath

I had to have the new Department Store stamp by Stampers Anonymous. So many great elements! I started with Distress White Heavystock and stamped the wreath with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. I stamped more than one image as I knew I wanted to add layers by fussy cutting and popping up some elements. It is important to use a stamping platform as an additional stamped layer using Black Soot Archival Ink is needed to define the leaves and berries.



I heat dried the wreath stamped images briefly and painted them with Fresh Balsam, Tart Cranberry and Tree Lot Distress Mica Sprays. Walnut Stain Distress Ink filled in the pinecones. Once I completed the painting, I placed the images back in the stamp platform and stamped them with Black Soot Archival ink. This step really brings out the details.

I fussy cut the wreaths as well as the bow and a few random holly leaves. Glossy Accents on the berries add some shine and dimension. I set these aside to work on the small Vignette Frame

Vignette Frame

I used a Vignette Frame as the base for the wreath and the sentiment. I started by recycling the packing card from the frame set. I sprayed Tart Cranberry Distress Mica Spray on my mat, ran my fingers through it and used the ink smooshing technique to add color to the base. Once that was dry, I stamped a couple of the smaller images using Black Soot Archival ink, although this step was unnecessary as it hardly shows behind the images.


I used my Picket Fence Distress Paint to coat the frame. Once dry, I used my finger and swiped on Gilded Foundry Wax. I probably should have used a heavier coat. After heat drying, I glued the base on the frame and set aside.

Create the Tag Base

I love the new Pinecone Stencil. I cut a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock to match the Mini Etcetera Tag. I then ink smooshed this piece using my favorite Distress Combo: Bundles Sage, Old Paper and Shabby Shutters. This is a process of dipping and drying until you achieve the color you want.


I sed the Pinecone Stencil to mono print the image. I sprayed Fresh Balsam Mica Spray on the tag and wiped off the borders. After turning it over onto the inked tag, I used a paper towel to catch the extra ink.

Once the tag was dry, I matched the image up and inked the pinecones and evergreen needles with Rustic Wilderness and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. Stitching around the edge with brown thread adds interest. The edges are inked with Walnut Stain Ink.

Create the Label Sentiment

I die cut the label using a die that came with the Curio Box Die Set. I embossed the sentiment from Department Store with Gold Embossing Powder. I ran a thin line of the Gilded Foundry Wax around the edges of the tag and heated to melt the wax.


Assemble the Tag

Gather the elements: the wreath, the sentiment, Etcetera tag, pinecone base and frame. Start by using Collage Medium and a brush to apply the adhesive to the collage frame. Attach the Pinecone Base.

Attach the wreath and the sentiment to the Vignette Frame, popping up the lower part of the wreath and the top of the sentiment label with foam tape.

Attach the frame to the Etcetera Tag and add Gold and Red Ribbon.


I hope you've enjoyed the process for a fun holiday decor piece. We also hope you will enter into our drawing for a $25 gift certificate to the Funkie Junkie Boutique by creating something with any Tim Holtz product. Post on your social media and tag us at #thefunkiejunkie. At the end of our two week challenge we will randomly select a $25 gift certificate winner.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative! Happy Holidays!

Products used:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts