Mar 23, 2022

Industrial Grunge Junk Tag

 Greetings friends. I'm here today to post a tag for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. The current challenge is to use gears and other metal pieces to create a project with an industrial feel to it.

Great ideas for guy cards which are always a challenge for me. The challenge deets are on the Funkie Junkie Blog.


Look at all the details and industrial grunge on this one!

I do have a YouTube video:


If the video is hiding, here is the direct link: https://youtu.be/gZc-_fy8q5s


It all started with a small Etcetera Tag. If you follow me, you know I am still on my tag kick. Know that these techniques and ideas can be used for a card or other projects.


The background is a piece of paper from an old Tim Holz 12 x 12 pad. I am officially a horder!
I crumpled the paper up a few times and spritzed with water to break down the fibers. A few swipes of Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the top and blended on the edges adds texture.

I stitched the edges with brown thread and used collage medium to attach to the tag base.

The gears were cut using a metallic Kraft envelope from Tim Holtz. I scratched the surface with sandpaper before die cutting with the Gears Die. I cut extra gears while I had the die out.


To the left of the gentleman's face, there is a line of gears that were stamped and heat embossed with a copper and blue embossing powder from my stash. The gear stamp, the figure and the sentiment all came from the Stampers Anonymous Observations Stamp set.

The gentleman is stamped with Archival Faded Jean Ink on a cream cardstock and fussy cut. I did layer him a couple of times for strength.

The plank is die cut from Tim Holtz Woodgrain Cardstock colored with distress inks. I used the Bigz Planks die and stamped and embossed the sentiment.


The last step was assembly. I used collage medium for some of the pieces. I found the monacle in my Ideology stash and thought it was perfect on the gentleman.


Products used:

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!

2 comments:

  1. Love your stitching, love the gent, Teri, and the monocle is the perfect finishing touch to your tag. What a fabulous challenge theme; I had so much fun with it, and it sparked a little creative fire in me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tag! Love the stitching around the edges.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts