Oct 16, 2021

Textured Beachy Card

 Are you ready to let go of summer? I am not! I had a great time getting creative with textures for @ABlogNamedHero! There is still time to enter our monthly challenge. The theme this month is textures!



I just purchased the Seashell Fancy Die and have been anxious to use them on a project! I started with the base layer of this A2 sized card.  The Starry Night Brushstroke background stamp reminds me of a windy day. White embossed and ink blended with Distress Ink Stormy Sky, it is perfect for a beach scene.


The water was created with texture paste and the Hero Arts Spiral Stencil. I only need half of the stencil to created the wavy seas. I tore the blue cardstock creating a rough border for the water.

The bottom layer is Hero Arts Sand Embossing powder on Kraft cardstock. I love the fun texture it creates!


You can't see it beneath the shells and sentiment, but I also tore the top edge of the sandy piece as well.


Next was the addition of the shells. I die cut the  shells from cream cardstock and edged them with the Stormy Sky Distress ink. I love the look it created.

Last step was to create the sentiment strip. The Let Love Shine sentiment from the Hand drawn Every Day Messages was embossed on a strip of vellum and torn to continue the rough edge look.

Check out the video on my YouTube Channel and be sure to subscribe!


To enter the current challenge, To enter your own project, share it on Instagram with the hashtag #abnhoctoberchallenge. There are prizes. Contest end on the 26th.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts