Jun 2, 2021

Monochromatic Challenge Card

Hello friends! Today I am posting a Monochromatic Card idea for A Blog Named Hero. I admit I struggle with Monochromatic cards. I am a full color girl. I came up with this warm color card for the challenge post!


I started by embossing the structure outline from the Color Layering Village stamp set with black embossing powder onto watercolor paper. I stamped the images close so it appears as buildings close together.

Next step was to add the color!


Creamsicle Reactive Ink was perfect to create this Ombre Monochromatic Scene! I smooshed the ink onto the craft mat. Starting at the left side and using little additional water, I colored the building on the left and added enough water to allow drips to run down the paper.

I added more water and colored the next two buildings adding additional water to dilute the ink as I moved left. Once I was happy with the amount of color, I allowed the piece to air dry.


I used a sentiment from one of my favorite sets You Are Loved Messages.  This set has sooooo many positive kind sentiments!


I hope you enjoyed my post today. Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!

Join in on the fun by submitting your own monochromatic card on A Blog Named Hero's website! There are prizes generously provided by Hero Arts.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts