Jan 9, 2021

Watercolor-color Twofer card

 Greetings Friends!  I am posted this gorgeous watercolor two-fer card using the Proteus Flower Stamp from Hero Arts. Entering in the A Blog Named Hero's CASE challenge.


The challenge is to CASE a favorite card. I have been following Erum Tasneem of Glitter and Swirls. She creates the most beautiful watercolor flowers and backgrounds. Here is the card I CASEd:



I started by stamping and gold heat embossing the Hero Arts Proteus floral stamps in the center of a 5.5 by 8.5 inch piece of Savoy 100% Cotton Paper. I then got out my Altenew watercolors and colored the flowers first. Once I completed those, I chose deep blues similar to those used in Erum's card. Gold splatters enhance the card!

Once the panel was dry, I was able to cut in in two which provided two card fronts - a two-fer card.
I mounted them both on A2 card bases. Following Erum's example, I stamped the sentiment from the set on black cardstock and edged it with gold embossing paper. I popped it up with additional black strips for dimension.

Here is the final card:





For the second card, I die cut 3 hellos from gold cardstock using the Hello from an earlier Hear Arts kit. I simply glued it to the front of the card base.


Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!












1 comment:

  1. This is such a clever design, Teri! I love that you planned a twofer. Your watercolor showcases this proteus flower beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts