May 27, 2020

Layered Ocean Card with CutCardStock

Hello friends. I have found myself participating in a variety of online classes and demos. Yana Smakula demonstrated “Painting with paper” in an Online Card Class recently. That got me thinking about background stamps I have that may be useful for this technique. I settled on a Hero Arts wave background. I hope you enjoy this tutorial for CutCardStock!

I used a few different colors of cardstock including: PopTone Blue Razberry, Blue Calico, Poptone Berrylicious and Basis Aqua. I used white embossing powder and Versamark ink to create the white waves on the various colors of cardstock.


The waves were stacked on Cougar 80 lb paper.  The sky was created by inking with a cloud stencil on Berrylicious paper.  I tore a scrap of yellow cardstock to create the sun.



The mermaid and fish images from Hero Arts were stamped on 110 lb Cougar and colored with Copic markers.  The sea grass and coral were colored with distress inks.
I love the ocean colors and layers that were created for this card!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative! Be safe!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts