May 5, 2020

Altenew May 2020 Inspiration Entry

Greetings friends. Never one to ignore a challenge, I created this card as a result of a challenge thrown to me by my good friend Amber of Notable Ink.  She commented that I should try smooshing (one of my favorite techniques) with these colors for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge this month. I created three different cards that I will be posting and entering this month's challenge.

So, I have spent alot of time watching Tim Holtz's demos. One he did last weekend was particularly interesting and I wondered if I could use Altenew inks and get the same results. 

I started with a piece of glossy cardstock.  You all know that yellow and orange, and blue and yellow mix just fine but blue and orange make mud soooooo....it is important to dry each color prior to moving on.

The colors I used for this card are Marigold, Maple Yellow and Ultramarine. I pressed the ink pads onto a plastic sandwich bag seperately. I smooshed the colors onto the cardstock individually. I added a few layers of color staying in the general area of the base.  Remember, it is very important to dry the cardstock after each color to prevent mixing of the colors.

The cool trick here is to use Distress Glaze over the top of the smooshing. Somehow, this brings out the multiple layers of color and gives the piece a waxy shine. I then buffed the piece to a smooth shine using a paper towel.

Once dry, I stamped the largest Wonderland flower in Altenew Black Obsidian ink and clear heat embossed the image. I also heat embossed the sentiment from the set after trimming down the piece.


The smooshed piece was then mounted onto black cardstock prior to adding to the base.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative. Be safe!

2 comments:

Recent Posts