Feb 12, 2019

Pansy parade

Greeting friends.  I am sharing the process from stamping ink coloring charts to a finished card.  A suggestion was posted in the Altenew Fan Group to use the ink coloring charts provided by Altenew. Meetu posted her charts done with Altenew’s Pansy stamp set.  The flowers have 4 layers, perfect for swatching the sets. So while I was stamping, I set an 8.5 x 11 piece of Cougar cardstock nearby and as I was stamping swatches, I stamped a rainbow of Pansies in both sizes.

    
                                      









Of course green leaves were needed as well.


I cut out all the pieces, and now have an assortment of rainbow Pansies for future projects.


I added dimension by highlighting the center of each bloom with yellow Nuvo drops.

The card was started by ink blending the background using blue Distress Oxide Inks and splattering with water droplets.  I stamped the basket using a Stamping Up stamp from my stash.  I ran it through the Big Shot using the Tim Holtz woodgrain 3D folder.  I rubbed the top gently with a brown Oxide ink pad.  Once the basket was fussy-cut, I arranged the pansies on top.

Here is the finished card and a close-up to show where I added dimension to the basket with foam tape. 




The final step was to trim down the layering swatch cards and enclose in Avery Elle plastic envelopes.  I added a hole punch and a ring to keep these together.  I am now able to store in the large plastic drawer storing all my Altenew inks and re-inkers.


I hope you enjoyed this post.  May you have much joy, love, harmony and laughter in your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts