Jan 31, 2019

Do you have trouble lining up layered stamps? Try this....

Greetings crafty friends!  Ever have trouble aligning floral stamps?  Try using a jig to help.  I love Altenew florals.  I find it easier to start with the outline, and move from lighter to darker layer.  What do you do if there is only a partial outline as in the case of the Winter Rose Set?  I will walk you through the process that I found helpful in alligning this set.


                                     

I cut cardstock in 3 x 3 inch pieces and die cut the large flower in the center of each block.  The jig is placed in the corner and the matching die cut added.
I stamped the first 2 layers using Altenew's coral set.


I stamped the darkest color followed by the outline stamp.  One you have the jigs, pieces and stamps aligned in the MISTI, you can create mutiples easily.


Here is the finished card. I used the Altenew watercolor stripes smooshed with Hickory Smoke and Pumice Stone Distress ink.  Black Nuvo drops add some dimension.  The sentiment is white embossed on black cardstock.

I am really happy with the final card.

Be well. Be creative.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts