Nov 28, 2023

Create a Holiday Santa Banner

 Hello friends. Are you getting ready for the holidays? Today I am presenting for CutCardStock! I had too much fun creating this hanging banner celebration the holidays!

Create the Holiday Banner Components

Start by creating the cardstock Santas. I chose a new Tim Holtz Sizzix die and used the new Leesbo Cherry Red and Dawn Maroon Cardstocks to create them. This is a great study cardstock at 83 lbs.

Die cut the Santa Suit using Leesbo Cherry RedLeesbo Dawn Red Cardstock plus Red Wagon Cardstock. The beard and trim white pieces are Cougar 80 lb White Cardstock layered with a fun white textured cardstock from my stash. Black Licorice Cardstock is perfect for the belt and shoes! I used two tones of pink from my stash as well.

After die cutting all the pieces, use a white glue to assemble the Santas.


Die cut the banner pieces from Chipboard and Christmas paper of your choice. I used Red paper for five of the banners and green paper for the two Sant Banners. Attach the paper banners to the Chipboard banners.


Glue the Sants to the two green banners and set aside.

Create The Holiday Banner Rosettes

You may have a die set to create rosettes. I used my Cricut and an older cartridge called Ribbons and Rosettes. A quick internet search also identified online tutorials for making Rosettes. Hunter Green Leesbo Cardstock was the perfect color for the Rosette Base.

These rosettes are easy to assemble. I need to use this cartridge more! Simply fold back and forth at the score lines, glue the sections together in a circle. Allow to dry first, then scrunch into a smaller circle and use hot glue to attach to a small circle on both sides. Add a scalloped circle plus the letter and you are good to go!


After cutting four rosette sections for each rosette, glue the panels together and let dry. Once dry fold the inside of the panels inward to form the rosette. Glue or use a hot glue gun to place a small circle over the center of the rosette on each side.

Assemble the Holiday Banner



The last step is to connect the banners for display. I cut multiple pieces of red and white twine to connect the banners. The Twine on the ends is much longer. Next step is to decorate for the holidays.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out all the products at CutCardStock!

I’d love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites InstagramFacebookBlogger and YouTube all named TerisMailbox. Be well. Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts