Nov 7, 2022

Play with the new Distress Ink Products

 Hello friends! I'm back with another Decor piece. This time a Vignette Box decorated for Winter posting for The Funkie Junkie BoutiqueYou can win a $25.00 gift card by using the new Distress Products and tagging The Funkie Junkie Boutique. We will choose one winner.


So much fun to use the new Sizzix Die Twig and Stump to create this fun scene!

There is a video here:

Here is the link in case the video isn't appearing: https://youtu.be/Uw6MFyM1MaE

Start with the Vignette Box. Tim demoed a woodgrain box using the new Holiday Woodgrain Gray Cardstock on the exterior of the box. I followed suit using collage medium to attach the trimmed pieces. Another coat of Collage Medium and a dusting with my Glitter Duster and Rock Candy Glitter and it is ready to go!


Check out the background! White snowmen would be lost in the snowstorm! I used the new Mica Distress Spray Winter Frost to add some texture to the background. I have better luck flicking the tube to get splatter. After splattering, I added some water and let it wick.


Panels were created using Distress Watercolor Paper and the Mica Set #3 Tart Cranberry and Winter Frost. I also used Flickering Candle Mica Spray from last year's release. Rustic Wilderness was used to create the green for the tree. I sprayed, spritzed and dried the layers on both sides to achieve the colors I wanted.

Next up is the die cutting!

Prior to die cutting the trees, I ink blended Rustic Wilderness on the panel to give it some depth. I stitched two trees together to add dimension.

I used white heavyweight cardstock to cut the snowman bases and cut the baubles, scarfs and hats using the Mica Distress Inked pieces.

The sign and the snowman arms were cut from Distress Woodgrain Cardstock that I ink smooshed and layered with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Inks.

The extra snowflakes are die cut from white heavyweight Cardstock with Collage Medium and Glitter for sparkle.


Using Collage Medium, I glued the layers on the snowmen and then onto the box to create a scene.  After all the pieces were added, it was time for it to snow. I used the new Snowfall Grit Paste coated with glitter! This paste was so much fun to apply on the scene bottom and in between the tree layers.

I decided I needed a red bow, so i cut a piece of Rayon Seam binding and sprayed it with the Tart Cranberry and achieved a nice dark red color.


Check out the very inky fingers!  I found two jingle bells in my ephemera stash that I treaded onto a wire and attached to the newly tied bow. My hot glue gun was perfect to attach the bow to the top of the panel.


Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts