Sep 7, 2022

It's Back to School Time!

 Hello friends. Summer is coming to an end and we are moving into the School Year. I created this fun school themed Etcetera Tag for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Our current theme is Back to School. 

The video is HERE in case you prefer to watch.

I started with the 3D Texture Fades Numbered Embossing Folder. After painting the folder with Turquoise and Yellow acrylic paint, I quickly ran a piece of Heavyweight Distress Cardstock through my die cutting machine. I immediately washed the folder before the paint could dry!

I swiped the top of the letters with Tea Dye Distress Ink. I set this piece aside to dry and worked on the Paper Doll Figure from my stash. Tim has released many sets of Paper Dolls. Many of the figures would be perfect for this type of project.


I love coloring the dolls with Distress Crayons. In this case, I used Prize Ribbon and Candied Apple along with Walnut Stain for his hair. I love coloring the areas and using a brush with water to smooth out the area! 

I selected several educational pieces of Ephemera from my stash. Pieces included a book, report card, library card and keyboard diagram. I dipped the pieces in Tea Dye ink to age them. I also dipped the wooden ruler in the ink. Some of the pieces, I used the Paper Distresser to age the edges followed by inking in Walnut Stain Ink.

I painted the corners of the Mini Etcetera Tag with acrylic paint from my stash and added the embossed piece on the bottom with Collage Medium. I then proceeded to arrange all the ephemera on top. Once I was happy with the arrangement, I used Collage Medium to adhere the pieces. I left parts of the pieces hanging over the edges of the tag for interest!

I used Alphabet Tiles from my stash to mis-spell school and attached the tiles. Next I used a couple of the tiles to pop the student up and added the ruler last.

I covered the student and splattered Black Gesso over the rest of the tag.


Products Used:

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Take a moment and check out all the goodies at The Funkie Junkie BoutiqueI'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites InstagramFacebookBlogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts