Aug 11, 2021

Layered Triple Frame Mushroom Tag

 Hello Friends! Posting for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. The DT Challenge this week is Hot Hot Hot and challenges us to use three of anything in honor of triple digit temps in the Mid West.


I am still on my tag kick! Having fun designing and creating Etcetera Tags! This project started with the tag painted with White Gesso just to have a good base to work on.

This all started with the Tim Holtz Backdrops #1. I love that floral background and thought it would be a perfect base.


Of course I couldn't leave the background alone! After tearing the edges, and flicking with Vintage Photo Distress ink, I used Ranger Collage Medium to attach the background. Then it was time to soften the piece. Ranger Vintage Photo and Bundled Sage Distress Paints applied with a Distress Brayer provided just the dreamy backdrop I wanted. 

Notice I am not done with the background! The Tiny Toadstool from Stampers Anonymous came to the rescue!  After planning placement of the three frames. I stamped the toadstools with Vintage Photo Archival Ink so they would be a focal point.  There are also some labels from the Field Notes Stamps, stamped in Barn Door Archival ink. I am loving the contrast of these images on the blurred floral background!


The mushrooms are cut from a scrap pieces of water-colored Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Water Color Cardstock. I keep all my Watercolor pieces. You never know when they will come in handy!

Are you ready to see this tag assembly in motion? Check out the video here:



After attaching the frames, I hot glued the mushrooms over the moss scraps and the frames as I had added dimension with multiple frames.


The sentiments are from Ideology Small Talk Occasions set. After adding additional layers of cardstock, I glazed them with Nuvo Glaze.

A piece of green woven ribbon tied with twine finish the piece!

We'd love to see you join our challenge on The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog. Guest Designer spots and a giftcard are available for the choosen winner. 

That's my take on Hot Hot Hot. I hope you enjoyed my post. Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!


8 comments:

  1. I love that you layered those three frames into the tag! They make the eye move across all the beautiful vignettes you created! Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another BEAUTIFUL tag, Teri! Love what you did with the background and the movement you created with the framed 'shrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am having too much fun with my tags projects>

      Delete
  3. Fantastic tag! I love anything with mushrooms! The die cuts look great and I love all the stamped detail in background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am loving each of your tiny vignettes on this gorgeous tag!! So cute!!! I would display this every day because it is so special!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a great time with my tags projects. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Recent Posts