Apr 21, 2020

Tim Holtz inspired Wall Hanging

Greetings crafty friends!  I am having a great time watching Tim's demos and incorporating ideas into my projects. I, like many of you have collected Tim Holtz products for years!


I started by applying Gesso to a canvas board 11 x 14 inches.  Once dry, I painted the perimeter with turquoise acrylic paint.

 
I attached a piece of my favorite very worn jeans to the base piece. Some grit paste, peeled paint and walnut stain crayons colored the grit paste and edges nicely.

I also used stencils on the backgound (038 and 051 as well as one that came in a set from Michael's)


The brick was created with the stencil, texture paste and Vintage Photo Embossing Glaze.

 
This area was created using texture paste and Weathered Wood Embossing Powder. I am loving the dimension!



I started the scenes by covering a Collage Frame with Travel Collage Paper.


A couple of Chipboard Dolls, the Destination Thinlet colored with Distress Crayons and Destination Salvage Stickers completed this scene. Walnut Stain crayon was rubbed around the edges.


The tag in the upper right came from my stash. I added a die cut from the Organic Thinlet loosely 
colored with Distress Reinkers.


The garden scene was created with an Etcetera shelf with white Gesso and crackle paste, colored with Walnut Stain crayons. A Field Note tag and the "tree" with the Holtz Butterfly complete the scene.  I was influenced by Stacy Hutchinson of Tattered Nest Designs to add the branch!



The final step was to add a couple of Quote Chips colored with Weathered Wood Embossing Glaze!

I hope you enjoyed my brief tutorial! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites Instagram, Facebook, Blogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts